Monday, June 8, 2009

Bookdrop

Somebody needs to check the bookdrop the first thing every morning, and especially on Monday mornings. Someone also needs to check the bookdrop early in the afternoon, and right before closing (it would also be a good idea to check it late in the afternoon on Monday and Thursday).

When I checked the bookdrop this evening, it was clogged. There were several books, videos, and three newspapers in the chute and nothing in the cart below because someone had returned a book that was almost too large to fit through the slot at the bottom and it got stuck. The other day a customer returned several music CDs in a plastic grocery bag and it clogged the book drop also. This is something we need to watch out for.

It is not sufficient when checking the bookdrop to open the door and just look to see if anything is in the cart. You must put a hand up behind the rubber flaps and feel around to make sure the bookdrop isn't clogged. Large books, stacks of picture items put in the drop at the same time, newspapers, etc., can cause the bookdrop chute to clog making it impossible for anyone else to put anything in the bookdrop.

--Jeff

1 comments:

HPL Express Frank Staff said...

On Monday morning I, Naudia, checked the bookdrop twice but I am assuming that the items were stuck inside the chute. I do not feel that it is a good idea to stick a hand inside the chute. If we have a broom stick or something I will use that. But I do think that everyone should be accountable for checking the book drop and not just "certain" people.
~Naudia~