To avoid overlooking paging items, I reset the
paging list to be sorted as follows:
BIBL Location
BIBL Title
ITEM Prefix
ITEM Call #
ITEM Barcode
PATRON Patron Name
This eliminates a lot of irrelevant/redundant information
and makes the list a lot more logical to follow.
And, I believe I've tried to mention this to everyone, but if you are shelving or straightening books, please try to remember that certain books belong in special sections: Large print, classics, test guides, new books (don't forget that the uncatalogued adult paperbacks are actually semi-catalogued).
Also, if you are retrieving paged items, please don't forget to check these sections if an item appears to be NFOS.
If any of this isn't making sense, please let me know and I'll be happy to show you what I mean (or thought I meant).
-Sumitra
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Paging List, Shelving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The settings do not stay. Each time you go to print a new list you have to reset everything how you want it to print out. It is recommended for everyone to do it their own way so that it best fits the style they want. ~Naudia~
Oh, good point!
This was really just a recommendation from core training to help anyone who was having trouble with the default format of the paging list.
Thanks, Naudia ^_^
Post a Comment